The mission of the Fine Arts program is to prepare students with a studio emphasis in drawing and painting, sculpture, or printmaking for the rigor of further study and studio practice at four-year institutions of art in design. Bridging the foundational year experience, students connect their own creative expression to a solid foundation of work from observation and perception. Students will explore their technical abilities, critical awareness, knowledge of historical frameworks, and self-discipline to create a body of work that synthesizes with their own personal vision.
- To develop students’ technical skills, art historical knowledge, visual vocabulary and critical thinking abilities
- To foster individual vision, expression, and creativity
- To prepare students to transfer for further study at four-year colleges in fine arts or other areas of art and design
- Apply fine arts concepts, both current and historic; to produce well designed visual compositions
- Apply a variety of fine art processes to execute works that exhibit a strong, personal vocabulary
- Analyze their own creative thinking, critical awareness, and analytic skills to communicate and evolve visual ideas effectively
See the Fine Arts studio
From direct observation and the human figure, develop a personal expression of meaning.
Conceptual and process oriented, gain a solid understanding of form and space.
Utilize traditional techniques, explore monotypes, etching and block printing to enhance formal practices.
Fine Arts Syllabi with Supply Lists and Costs
Due to changes in Instagram's API, feeds can no longer filter out posts based on the user who posted them.
Try using a different moderation system for this feed.
Committed, aspiring artists and designers are invited to apply.
Benefit from our rigorous academics, hands-on studio work, and meaningful mentorship from our faculty of practicing, professional artists and designers.Apply Now