The mission of the photography program is to provide students the technical skills and aesthetic language necessary to develop personal vision and communication through the process of photography. Students are exposed to traditional and digital photographic processes and learn to apply the technical skills of each form to develop their creative visions by creating a portfolio of photographic work that demonstrates the application of their technical and creative skills to prepare them for further study at a four year institution.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in photographic craft
- To introduce students to traditional and technologically innovative practices within the field
- To foster each student’s individual vision in the creation and capturing of photographic images
- To enable the student to develop a portfolio of photographs and pursue further study
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of analog- and digital-equipment skills and techniques sufficient to initiate and complete an extended image based project suitable for application to a four-year school
- Create written responses that demonstrate awareness of contemporary and historical photographic works and ideas
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication
- Student will demonstrate effective use of quantitative literacy
See the Photography studio
Fine art photography, developing artistic vision and personal aesthetic.
Use of light as a tool to produce compelling images, portraiture, merchandising and event photography.
From documentary to contemporary visual reporting; narrating the story through images.
Syllabi with Supply Lists and Costs
Due to changes in Instagram's API, feeds can no longer filter out posts based on the user who posted them.
Try using a different moderation system for this feed.
Committed, aspiring artists and designers are invited to apply.
Benefit from our rigorous academics, hands-on studio work, and meaningful mentorship from our faculty of practicing, professional artists and designers.Apply Now