To reach DCAD's Office of Communications, email email@example.com or call 302.622.8867 ext. 106.
- 18th Annual Continuing Education Exhibition to open April 1
- March 7th 2016
- Students and instructors in the Delaware College of Art and Design Continuing Education Program will exhibit a variety of media in the 18th Annual Continuing Education Exhibition, opening April 1. The work will highlight the various courses and workshops offered through the program. The Continuing Education Program at DCAD offers courses in the areas of: fine arts, graphic design, interior design, jewelry design, photography, web design and young artist programs for high school students. Certificates are available for: Art and Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Photography and Web Design; and a Combined Certificate in Web and Graphic Design.An opening reception will take place from 5 – 8 PM on April 1 in DCAD’s Toni & Stuart B. Young Gallery, held in conjunction with Wilmington’s monthly Art Loop event. The exhibition will be on display through April 29. Gallery hours are 9 AM – 9 PM Monday to Friday and 10 AM – 4 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Read More
- Nineteenth Annual Student Exhibition Opens Feb. 5 + Family & Alumni Preview
- January 6th 2016
Enjoy the best work by students in the Associate of Fine Arts Degree Program. All six majors and a variety of media and assignments will be featured from the past year. An opening reception in conjunction with Wilmington's monthly Art Loop event will be held Friday, February 5, 2016, from 5 - 8PM. The reception is free and open to the public.
In addition to the opening reception on February 5 from 5 to 8PM, a Family & Alumni Preview Reception will be held from 4 to 5PM in the Tatiana Copeland Student Center. Open to all alumni and families of current full-time students, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy coffee and refreshments with DCAD President Stuart Baron, mingle and network with fellow alumni and other members of the DCAD community, and enjoy a sneak peek of the Student Exhibition in the gallery before it opens to the public. Attendance is free, but RSVP's are requested.
- Read More
- Let’s Draw @ DCAD! Sharpen your pencils for Jan. 23 Drawing Marathon & NEW family-friendly event!
- December 7th 2015
UPDATE: Due to the impending winter storm, DCAD's Drawing Marathon has been rescheduled for Sat., January 30.
DCAD is again offering the community an opportunity to join faculty, staff, and students in a celebration of observational drawing through two events, both scheduled for Saturday, January 23, 2016 (Re-scheduled for Saturday, January 30). The first event- DCAD’s annual Figure Drawing Marathon- will be held from 9AM to 6PM on DCAD’s newly renovated second floor space. New for this year is Draw & Discover, a family-friendly event taking place in the Toni & Stuart B. Young Gallery from noon to 3PM and featuring observational drawing fun for families and friends. Register for the events HERE
- Read More
- MICA, Moore and Pratt Interior and Architectural Design student work featured in upcoming show, INT/EXT
- October 1st 2015
- Annually, the Delaware College of Art and Design hosts a visiting exhibition in the Toni & Stuart B. Young Gallery, focusing on one its six majors. This year, the focus is on interior design, as DCAD opens INT/EXT, an Interior & Architectural Student Exhibition, featuring student projects from the BFA programs of Maryland Institute College of Art, Moore College of Art & Design, and Pratt Institute. Showcasing some of the best interior and architectural student work in the northeast, this exhibition opens on November 6, 2015 with an opening reception from 5 to 8PM, coinciding with Wilmington’s monthly Art Loop. Free and open to the public, this exhibition will be on display through January 9, 2016. Gallery hours are 9 AM – 9 PM Monday to Friday and 10 AM – 4 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Read More
- DCAD Instructor Stan Smokler featured in “Reconstructed Elements,” Community-Curated Exhibition Opening at the Delaware Art Museum Sept. 5
- August 24th 2015
Opening on Saturday, September 5 at the Delaware Art Museum, "Reconstructed Elements" brings together three contemporary artists who reshape raw materials into new forms. Richard H. Bailey, Helen Mason, and Stan Smokler use materials such as stone, rubber tires, and recycled steel. Their media and processes vary and their works range from stylized to abstract three-dimensional objects. Whether with intense black, jewel-like colors, or metallic surfaces, each artist gives rediscovered materials not just new design but renewed life.
Since its inception in 2008, the Delaware Art Museum’s community-generated Outlooks Exhibition Series has demonstrated that our region is home to artists of national and international stature. The Museum is pleased to present its newest Outlooks exhibition, Reconstructed Elements: Richard H. Bailey, Helen Mason, Stan Smokler, on view September 5, 2015-January 3, 2016, Ammon Galleries (second floor). The artists will be in the galleries to welcome visitors on Sunday, September 6 from 1 to 3 PM. Admission is free on Sundays. Visit the Delaware Art Museum'ssite for more information.
- Read More