Study art at DCAD! Scholarships are available for International Students.
The College offers small classes in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere to maximize students artistic achievement and success. International students have the opportunity to be eligible for up to $8,000 in DCAD scholarships per year.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LIFE at DCAD
DCAD makes it easy to transition to the USA.
1. You have the option of coming to campus three weeks early for an Introduction to Academic Studies Intensive Class with other international students.
2. Our college campus is in Wilmington, Delaware, a friendly small city on the East Coast. It is two hours away from both New York City and Washington, DC.
3. Take advantage of our Associate of Fine Arts Degree Program and unique transfer opportunity. After completing your Associate of Fine Arts Degree at DCAD, you can transfer to Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, or the Corcoran College of Art + Design, in Washington, DC, to finish your Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree.
4. To make the transition easier, we will pick you up from the Philadelphia International Airport upon your arrival.
DCAD offers a Conditional Acceptance to students who do not meet the TOEFL score requirement of 79 ibt.
DCAD has partnered with ELS Language Centers and accepts successful completion of Level 109 in an English Language Program offered by anyone of more than 32 ELS Language Centers located throughout the USA.
Students who complete Level 109 in the USA do not need to submit TOEFL scores. For more information, go to http://www.els.edu
HOW TO APPLY
• Application for Admission and a non-refundable $80 application fee. Students are encouraged to apply online.
• Certified English translations of all academic records, as well as official copies of all original transcripts.
• Portfolio review.
• Official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) with minimum score of 550, or equivalent demonstration of English language proficiency. International students must specify DCAD’s school code of 5443 for TOEFL score reporting. The TOEFL requirement may be waived for students successfully completing college-level English composition at an accredited U.S. college or university if the student’s only language of instruction has been English for three or more years, or where a student has a minimum verbal score of 500 on the SAT.
• ELS Language Center scores. DCAD also accepts successful completion of Level 109 in an English Language Program offered by any one of more than 32 ELS Language Centers located throughout the U.S.A. Information about ELS Language Centers can be obtained directly from:
ELS Language Centers, Central Admission
5730 Uplander Way, Suite 203
Culver City, CA 90230
Upon being accepted to DCAD, we will require:
• An Affidavit of Support Form. Upon acceptance, all international students are sent an Affidavit of Support Form. The form must be completed and returned to the admissions office along with a notarized bank statement showing available funds in U.S. dollars to cover tuition, living expenses and travel for one year in the United States (approximately $34,000).
• Proof of Age and Tuition. International students must submit proof of age and remit one semester’s full-time tuition deposit and mandated fees, (wire transfer, in U.S. dollars and drawn on a United States bank) after which an 1-20 Form can be issued.
• I-20 Form. DCAD is certified by the United States, Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to issue 1-20 forms to non-immigrant students to apply for F-1 or M-! student visas.
We also offer apartment-style housing in DCAD’s Saville Residence Hall located across the street from the College. DCAD’s Student Services coordinates activities and events for students on campus.
Contact: Tracy Stephanski, Director of Admissions
Delaware College of Art and Design
600 N. Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801