Study art at DCAD! Scholarships are available for International Students.
The College offers small classes in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere to maximize student artistic achievement and success. International students have the opportunity to be eligible for up to $8,000 in DCAD scholarships per year.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LIFE at DCAD
DCAD makes it easy to transition to the USA.
1. Our college campus is in Wilmington, Delaware, a friendly small city on the East Coast. It is two hours away from both New York City and Washington, DC.
2. Take advantage of our Associate of Fine Arts Degree Program and unique transfer opportunity. After completing your Associate of Fine Arts Degree at DCAD, you can transfer as a third year student to other distinguished art and design schools such as one of our founding schools, Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, or the Corcoran College of Art + Design, in Washington, DC, or other distinguished art and design school to finish your Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree.
DCAD offers a Conditional Acceptance to students who do not meet the TOEFL score requirement of 79 iBT.
DCAD has partnered with ELS Language Centers and accepts successful completion of Level 109 in an English Language Program offered by any one of more than 55 ELS Language Centers located throughout the USA.
Students who complete Level 109 in the USA do not need to submit TOEFL scores. For more information, go to http://www.els.edu
HOW TO APPLY
• Application for Admission and a non-refundable $80 application fee. Students are encouraged to apply online.
• Certified English translations of all academic records, as well as official copies of all original transcripts.
• Portfolio review.
• Official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) with minimum score of 79iBT, or equivalent demonstration of English language proficiency. International students must specify DCAD’s school code of 5443 for TOEFL score reporting. The TOEFL requirement may be waived for students successfully completing college-level English composition at an accredited U.S. college or university if the student’s only language of instruction has been English for three or more years, or where a student has a minimum verbal score of 500 on the SAT.
• ELS Language Center scores. DCAD also accepts successful completion of Level 109 in an ELS English Language Program, offered at any one of more than 55 ELS Language Centers located throughout the U.S.A.
Information about ELS Language Centers can be obtained directly from:
ELS Language Centers, Central Admissions
7 Roszel Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
www.els.edu or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon being accepted to DCAD, we will require:
• An Affidavit of Support Form. Upon acceptance, all international students are sent an Affidavit of Support Form. The form must be completed and returned to the admissions office along with a notarized bank statement showing available funds in U.S. dollars to cover tuition, living expenses and travel for one year in the United States (approximately $34,000).
• Proof of Age and Tuition. International students must submit proof of age and remit one semester’s full-time tuition deposit and mandated fees, (wire transfer, in U.S. dollars and drawn on a United States bank) after which an 1-20 Form can be issued.
• The Delaware College of Art and Design is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
We also offer housing in DCAD’s Saville Residence Hall located across the street from the College, as well as at 707 N King St. DCAD’s Student Services coordinates activities and events for students on campus.
Contact: Bethany Roberts, Director of Admissions
Delaware College of Art and Design
600 N. Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801