The mission of the Animation program is to provide students with foundational knowledge and application of traditional and contemporary methods of motion generation. The curriculum prepares students with fundamental drawing and design skills, an understanding of the principles of motion, storytelling, conceptual development, and application of these disciplines through stop-motion or computer generated technology.
- To analyze and solve both technical and creative animation problems
- To create story lines and actions that communicate a message
- To apply the principles of animation, including timing and spacing, into projects
- To utilize current technologies for animation
- Employ general verbal and visual literacy while communicating ideas and story lines using animation
- Calculate believable motion in projects that demonstrate principles universal to all forms of animation, including the knowledge of gravity and human locomotion
- Apply basic animation techniques and technology by using both camera equipment and software
- Analyze the history of animation and filmmaking, and the knowledge of its technical development
- Develop animation projects through various phases of production, essential to the process of preparing for further study and possible careers as part of a production team
See the Animation studio
Concentrations for Animation
Syllabi with Supply Lists & Costs
Tad Sare is a multi-media artist exhibiting his drawings and video work in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Committed, aspiring artists and designers are invited to apply.
Benefit from our rigorous academics, hands-on studio work, and meaningful mentorship from our faculty of practicing, professional artists and designers.Apply Now