A portfolio of artwork is required for admission into DCAD’s Associate of Fine Arts Degree Program. The work should demonstrate your abilities in the areas of drawing, composition, color and design. All applicants are invited to visit DCAD in personal for a portfolio review, tour, and to meet faculty and staff.
- Select your best artwork completed within the last two years.
- Include 10 to 15 pieces of original artwork (maximum 15 pieces).
- Drawing from life (observational drawing) is recommended.
- The balance of your portfolio can include artwork in the media and style of your choice (pastel, pen/ink, watercolor, oil, acrylics, black and white or color photography).
- Don’t forget to bring your sketchbook!
Applicants who cannot visit in person may send a digital portfolio to the Admissions Office. Applicants may submit their portfolio by uploading their images to the DCAD Slideroom for a $10 fee. Slideroom allows the applicant to submit up to 25 still images, or a combination of still images and video.
Subscribe to DCAD News
DCAD invites students, faculty, families, alumni, staff and members of the surrounding community to sign up for DCAD’s enewsletter. Your free subscription will keep you aware of DCAD’s current news as well as give you notice of upcoming events.Sign Up